Transpersonal counselling focuses on the whole person. It is based on the psychology of health and human potential and recognises our desire for wholeness, meaning and spiritual connection. Instead of focusing on illness, the transpersonal approach perceives the individual as engaged in the process of development toward full humanity. It sees dysfunction and crisis as an opportunity for growth and movement towards wholeness. The personality is seen as a vessel that enables the soul or spirit to navigate through the world.
How can it help you?
It can help you to:
- Resolve stress, anxiety, depression and low self-esteem
- Understand yourself at a deeper level
- Experience greater meaning, purpose and fulfillment in your life
- Grow personally and spiritually
- Understand the mind/body connection
- Experience a deeper sense of inner freedom, joy, optimism and creativity
- Feel more connected to your Essential Self and spiritual nature
- Develop your intuition and inner-wisdom
What does it involve?
You are supported to develop at both a personal and spiritual level, with the aim of bringing about self-awareness, healing, growth and inner transformation. Transpersonal counselling recognises different states of consciousness and can include exploring deeper aspects of your personality or psyche. It involves a holistic exploration of the issues. Talking, meaning making, mindfulness, meditation, guided visualisation, creative expression, experiential techniques, exploration of spiritual beliefs and emotional healing techniques can all be a part of the process.
This approach can be beneficial for a whole range of difficulties, including stress, anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, life transitions, loss of meaning and direction and issues related to sense of sense of identity. Contact Jill to find out more about how transpersonal counselling can help you.